some 7.3 questions

bigblak250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
when i dissconnect and take out the IAH do just leave the wire dissconnected snd tape it up???

i have some blueish whiteish smoke on start-up that kinda tapers off when warm (smells like raw fuel), and it skips pretty bad when cold then kinda smoothes out when warm but it feels like i have a dead cyl, im kinda thinkin injectors goin bad...

and dose the banks compressor wheel mak much diffrence over stock?

2000 7.3 auto 280,000 mi

bigblak250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i have also ran it out of fuel 5 or 6 times.... (dont kno if that matters or not)

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any time you run out of fuel your letting air in the fuel lines..not a good thing for these injectors..they dont like that at all..it takes a good 50 to 100 miles to get all the air out..

as far as oil leaks..if it leaks where the oil level drops in the HPOP or in oil rail your letting air get in there as well..also not good for the injectors..fix the oil leaks and keep fuel in the truck...it could save you 1500 bucks for new injectors down the road..

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any time you run out of fuel your letting air in the fuel lines..not a good thing for these injectors..they dont like that at all..it takes a good 50 to 100 miles to get all the air out..

As far as oil leaks..if it leaks where the oil level drops in the hpop or in oil rail your letting air get in there as well..also not good for the injectors..fix the oil leaks and keep fuel in the truck...it could save you 1500 bucks for new injectors down the road..

x2

dmd

Reaction score
A good system cleaner is some Bio-D, it may help the injectors some and could help
free an injector if you get lucky. Make sure the fuel filter is clean when you get
some, and make sure you have an extra filter handy if it the filter plugs.

Skip anything else, Bio-D is a great cleaner and lubricator. If this fails you may have
to look at injectors.

How did you do you CCV mod? Vented to the air or in the tail pipe? The tail pipe
solution can add engine pressure and cause oil burn and oil leaks.

bigblak250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i havent done any ccv mods yet, but when i do im just gunna run it out under the truck, i looked harder today and its mostly straight blue smoke and it seems to be getting worse over time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58