some issues!!!

atk

Reaction score
with the cooler temps lately, i have been getting some white smoke at cold start ups. it usually last up to 5 minutes and it is gone...i do have some ideas what this might be. anybody else have this?

also the other mourning, i fired the truck up and big puff of blue smoke came out of the exhaust, but it only has done this once so far, that i have seen....usually blue smoke means oil burning...any ideas???( maybe time to clean the boost tubes out)

now i did have these issues last winter, but seem to go away when the weather got warmer in the spring....

also lately i have been noticing the engine has a shake, like a missfire at idle. it seems worst when i`m at the stoplight and sometimes it seems like i have a vibration( best way to describe this is like having a electric shaver between my foot and the go pedal, never use to do this before)...any ideas???

also, when i shut the engine off, it seems to run on for a second or two longer then it used too...any ideas???

also my fuel mpg is down, but i am leaning towards the cooler temps lately
for that....

one last thing i have noticed is, that the engine seems to be running quieter at idle( which could be a good thing)now i have change what kind of oil i am running and with using B5 fuel, that could be it....

sorry for the long post, but i waas looking for some feedback from others who may have had similar issues....also i do keep my truck well maitained....thanxs

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The smoke at startup sounds alright if it's only when you first start and the engine's cold. Has the weather gotten colder lately? The morning temperature here is down to the high 20's/low 30's (Farenheit--appx -15 C) and I see just a touch of white smoke at startup that goes away in the first few minutes of driving.

atk

Reaction score
The smoke at startup sounds alright if it's only when you first start and the engine's cold. Has the weather gotten colder lately? The morning temperature here is down to the high 20's/low 30's (Farenheit--appx -15 C) and I see just a touch of white smoke at startup that goes away in the first few minutes of driving.

yeah the nights are getting cooler, down to about the freezing point...
0 C(32F)

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
ouch. that really hurts. now that mine seems to run better (except for the mileage) you gotta bring up old wounds.... i thought we turned a corner w/ you two...

dont worry alex: you just have to go thru 3 turbo's, 3 egr's, head gasket surgery, multiple glow plugs, harnesses, computers, sensors, brakes, stabilizers, rear end leaks and you will be fine...:tongue2 :roflmao

and as for you there mr. multi-colored paint job....:stir

atk

Reaction score
todays up date....smoking almost everystart up now and starting to surge at idle...no i haven`t scanned it for codes yet. the scanner from work is out getting fixed and waiting for the proper programming....-popcorn -popcorn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58