some problems

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok well i stuffed a new tranny in the truck.now that its running and moving again after a year and a half its gutless!!freakin thing couldnt outrun a 3 cylinder geo at the moment.:rant:rant:rant .it ran fine when i parked it.

i have no idea whats wrong with it.currently has no fuel filters,bypassed them.no CEL.replaced the turbo.hits 30PSI.egts seem normal but i havent driven it far(has no brakes:eek:).has a starting issue though.its hard to start.itll crank till the batteries start dieing then fire up.the tach doesnt read either while cranking.when the tach jumps it fires up.i replaced the CPS and it still does it.

any ideas?not that i want to sell it but if someone showed me the money i want for it itll go but i cant sell it the way it is.

dpantazis

Reaction score
trace wiring of CPS circuit.

remember that the blue-gray-black cps discussion and how when people scoped them, they felt the timing was a bit different between each of them?

brakes- you dont need them, maek sure you have daylight ahead of you!

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you solve the difficult starting issue then you might solve the problems with being gutless.

I'd double check that all of the UVC harnesses are good, EBPV is staying open though with the EGT comment I don't think this is a problem.

Given that it sat for a while I'll pull a wild guess that there might have been water in the fuel that you have in the tank and it corroded and built up sludge in the injectors while it was sitting especially if the system lost prime.

Have you tried fresh fuel?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
its something on the intake side i think.used it to move a 20' enclosed car trailer today.so i got to play a little.EGTs were through the roof.1600 in about 5 seconds.didnt pay attention to the boost gauge.turbo was spooling.blowing a ton of black smoke.low power.did ok with the trailer but not that impressive.smell oil burning too but i cant find the source of it.just put a good used turbo on it.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Rich.. got a scanner?
look at the IPR data like Pat suggested...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58