Sonic Blue Super Duties

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
No flames, but there are a lot of happy 6.0 owners here and else where. I like mine and I have had no problems in 55,000 + miles.

Dave :)

Thanks Dave,
I actually found another forum that had an Oasis section, where you could post the VIN and somebody at a dealer would look it up for you. I am waiting for the reply to see if there are anyd bad signs with the truck.

Not sure how this forum feels about posting links to other forums.

-Mike

FastColts

Love My PSD!
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
No flames, but there are a lot of happy 6.0 owners here and else where. I like mine and I have had no problems in 55,000 + miles.

Dave :)

Dave... that is good to hear and I see that you have one after the first year. I "covered" ;) myself since I really know only hearsay and what I have read about the 6.0. I have friends who have had 7.3's and now have the 6.0 and would not give them up for a 7.3 again. I'm glad you have a good one. I just thought that he should do some homework. :thumbs

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Mike K said:
I was surpised at how many 03 Sonic Blue trucks i was able to find on Autotrader.com. I couldnt find a single 04 so i am just going to assume that Sonic Blue was an option for only 2003.

With that said i did find this: 03 F350 Dually

I seen some 2003 trucks advertised with both the 7.3L and the 6.0L. Did ford swap to the 6.0 half way through the year? How do i find out which engine it has (a number/letter in the VIN perhaps)?

I also saw on the boards about a Ford Oasis report i can get, is there any way to get that online? Its kind of a pain to call back to the states from here.

Lastly, how does the price look? I did a quick check on KBB and it looks to be about $500 below the price you would pay at a dealer. Think i have room to talk them down?

Again, thanks for your help.:hail
-Mike

You NEED to do an Oasis on that thing, just so that you can see if that 6.0L was a trouble engine

And you can tell if it's a 7.3 vs. a 6.0 just as easily as looking at the diesel badge, if it's a 7.3, the "Powestroke Diesel" badge is black and white, if its a 6.0L it will be red and chrome, and it wont also say the same thing as the 7.3L's badge

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:
You NEED to do an Oasis on that thing, just so that you can see if that 6.0L was a trouble engine

And you can tell if it's a 7.3 vs. a 6.0 just as easily as looking at the diesel badge, if it's a 7.3, the "Powestroke Diesel" badge is black and white, if its a 6.0L it will be red and chrome, and it wont also say the same thing as the 7.3L's badge

It IS a 6.0L and here is what the guys on another forum said (they did the Oasis for me)

"The fuel injection control module was replaced; the turbocharger was replaced, the right front window regulator was replaced, it's had an alternator replaced and the PCM has been reprogrammed a couple times. No open campaigns."

I'm not getting warm fuzzies, so i think i am going to keep looking. time is on my side, no rush.

-Mike

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Mike K said:
It IS a 6.0L and here is what the guys on another forum said (they did the Oasis for me)

"The fuel injection control module was replaced; the turbocharger was replaced, the right front window regulator was replaced, it's had an alternator replaced and the PCM has been reprogrammed a couple times. No open campaigns."

I'm not getting warm fuzzies, so i think i am going to keep looking. time is on my side, no rush.

-Mike
Yeah the big thing sounds like the turbocharger and the fuel injection control module

Don't feel bad, I'm very much in love with Sonic Blue also, I even considered making it the 2nd option color on my truck (like instead of black and chrome black and Sonic Blue a.k.a. Royal Blue) but i didn't get it because the 03 6.0 was kinda lemony. So i just put out and bought new

Best mistake i ever made :sweet

Last edited:

$trokin6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Mike I agee with you on the sonic blue. When I was stationed in California me and another Soldier were driving down I-10 when we saw one on a dealer lot we pulled off at the next exit and asked for directions to the dealership just to get a up close look. When I got stationed in St. Louis I went out to buy one. All the dealers I went ot told me Sonic Blue doesnt exist on super duties. Sonic blue was my favorite color until I saw the black and orange Harley, which I now own. if sombody from ford is listening you need to bring back the sonic blue color as well as the orangeish copper color.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14