soot on the dash?

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
almost sounds like a country song...

The other day I was wiping down the dash and noticed that it had a bunch of black specs imbedded in/on the plastic. At first I thought it was anti-glare coating, first thing to come to my mind since I work with aircraft, but it looked more like soot?
Anyway, I got the awning cleaner from the camper and did a test clean. Wow.
Take a look at the poor quality picture, the left side is the dirty area, and the right is cleaned.

dash1.jpg

Is this common to get soot thru the vents? That’s the only thing that I can think of that would deposit the black on the dash.

The awning cleaner worked great. The only thing is make sure you wipe it down with water soaked rag afterward, followed by Armorall or some other product to get the shine back.

Now I have a happy and clean truck again...

mytruck2.jpg

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
looks like atmospheric fallout from say..

jet aircraft
, do you leave your windows cracked to allow air flow when its parked?
we get it bad as my rv and the truck is in the path for landing from atlanta to huntsville
our white roof gets black in about a two weeks,

your truck color , looks good airzona biege
i was nervous about that color when we got ours but it looks good even dirty :D

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
We dont smoke, and the airport here is a small regional, mostly props, but you could have something there PB.
Our campers roof (white rubber) turns black fast too.

I do leave the windows cracked open to vent durring the day though, and we do get a lot of wind blowing off the coast accross the farmers fields during the day, with morning fog.

I was thinking soot since i could smell exhaust on occasion with the windows up...

PB, youre right, the color doesnt show the dirt as bad. winter time we are out dirtbiking and the truck gets real dirty with the dust. you dont realy see it unless you get up close.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14