Soot

rum4by5

Reaction score
What do ya'll use to clean the soot of the tip of your exhaust. Mine is constantly covered in soot. The longer I wait the blacker it is and the harder it is to get off the exhaust tip. Is there something wrong with my truck or is this normal for a diesel?

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Mine has only 4000mi and does the same thing all my trucks have done it. I use soap and water then a chrome polish with a wax after makes it ten times easier to get of next time.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
rum4by5 said:
What do ya'll use to clean the soot of the tip of your exhaust. Mine is constantly covered in soot. The longer I wait the blacker it is and the harder it is to get off the exhaust tip. Is there something wrong with my truck or is this normal for a diesel?

I spray it down with the green stuff at the diy wash. Then wash the stainless tip with the scrub brush. Then when your all done, before you leave give a light rev to the motor while in park, and see if it shoots a black soot ball at the wall like mine.:sweet

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Wash it off............why??? :D :D :D

Tbar

Last edited:

rum4by5

Reaction score
Wash it off, that is what I do. just thought someone might have a better solution to keeping it off, guess I will just keep working at the car wash to keep it clean

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
The best way I found to keep it off is to not lay into that little skinny pedal the driver's side floorboard that makes the truck for some reason go really fast.

What I do is get like Eagle one wet black for tires and spray it on the tip. When it gets sooty you can just wipe it away. Also works on your rims too. I do this cause my truck gets washed everytime it rains which last year it never got a bath so I'm at a 1 year and 1 week. It is very normal for a diesel but for modded ones it is a everyday thing. Try wiping your tailgate and bumper off every week. I can tell it is time to wipe off when the paint gets real dull. Truck is black so it makes it a pain sometimes.

Last edited:

rum4by5

Reaction score
But not getting on it, is boring and i like to go fast

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58