sorry I bought My 6.0h

edsf460

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I bought this one 12/04 05 f350 crew 4x4 dooley 52,000 no power won't maintain speed limit on Ohio pike in 5th gear with a 9000 trailer Ford says there is nothing wrong with it. It started heating up on up hill pulls and using coolant took it in they said the head gaskets are bad Its been in the shop since 7/01/05 It is now 7/22/05 and I don't have it back. I called Fords 800 customer service and they can't give me an answer. my next call is to a lawyer. I've had it with this piece of junk My family and I have dealt with this dealer for 21 years. Please read this post before you consider a Ford. [email protected]

Max Power

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your problems. Have you owned other truck that would maintain speed in high gear on that hill with 9000lbs? How steep is the grade? You know, a little extra hp by means of some kind of tuner goes a long way!

edsf460

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Max Power said:
Sorry to hear about your problems. Have you owned other truck that would maintain speed in high gear on that hill with 9000lbs? How steep is the grade? You know, a little extra hp by means of some kind of tuner goes a long way!
Yes I had a 2002 3500 dooley duramax crew 4x4 with allison some kid ran a light and totaled it it had 90000 on it then i replaced it with a 2003 duramax 4x4 crew dooley that also ran very well but i got sick of replacing injectors sold it with 170000 on it and decided to go back to a ford I did look into a chip or tuner my ford dealer use to sell them for the 7.3 but told me they could not put one in the 6.0 and if i did it would imprint on the computer it was there and void my warranty. I also spoke to a dealer for the edge chip he told me they were hving good luck with the chip but the guys who pulled a lot were experiencing transmission problems thanks Ed P.S. I finally got my truck back today I'll keep everyboby updated

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ed - the edge was touted as the ONE -until trannies startd dying after a while....

i am leaning toward the SCT for my new 05

FordDieselDog

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
edsf460 said:
I bought this one 12/04 05 f350 crew 4x4 dooley 52,000
Please read this post before you consider a Ford.

Sound like you purchased someone else’s problem (a 2005 with 52,000 miles…used as a hotshot). I have owned all three (GMC, Ford, Dodge), and they all have problems. I often laugh when people bitch about owning a Ford…try owning a GMC or Dodge when you are having problems.

edsf460

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
FordDieselDog said:
Sound like you purchased someone else’s problem (a 2005 with 52,000 miles…used as a hotshot). I have owned all three (GMC, Ford, Dodge), and they all have problems. I often laugh when people bitch about owning a Ford…try owning a GMC or Dodge when you are having problems.
I drove this one out of the showroom. I average about 100000 a year delivering campers from Indiana to New England I have owned new fords since 1983 I bought my 1st chevy in 2002 because I couldn't find a ford. and It was a matter of business I would have lost my contract if I didn't get into another truck quick The mechanic and service manager at the ford garage are both telling me this engine is a dog and ford is looking to replace it with something different. I'm hearing twin turboed. I love ford trucks but this one is just a lemon

edsf460

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
Ed - the edge was touted as the ONE -until trannies startd dying after a while....

i am leaning toward the SCT for my new 05
Thanks for the info i just got it back yesterday I'm probably going to indiana fri and see how it pulls loaded

FordDieselDog

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
edsf460 said:
I love ford trucks but this one is just a lemon

My too was a lemon (same exact truck as yours). I only made 1300 miles to first problem and 5200 miles till it was DOA. My replacement truck rocks.

edsf460

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
FordDieselDog said:
My too was a lemon (same exact truck as yours). I only made 1300 miles to first problem and 5200 miles till it was DOA. My replacement truck rocks.
what did you replace it with?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg