Sound System almost complete

choupique108

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Here are the pics of what ive been working on:
07242009077.jpg

07242009080.jpg

07242009084.jpg

They are fosgate P1s in a 2.25 cu ft. box. I had to move the rear seat up 1.5 inches and they fit perfectly. Sound very good as well.

Now all i need is some door speakers, does anyone have some suggestions on some?

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you do the reverse bracket mod to move the seat forward or did you drill new holes? I have 4 RF P1 10's behind my back seat. I had to turn the bracket around to get the box to fit.

Getting ready to build a new box with 3 10's and a huge side port. So I can get the back seat close to stock location.

I have heard good things about Diamond Audio speakers, that is what I will end up going with.

Looks good. Now do the door seal mod and really seal that cab off.

choupique108

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Did you do the reverse bracket mod to move the seat forward or did you drill new holes? I have 4 RF P1 10's behind my back seat. I had to turn the bracket around to get the box to fit.

Getting ready to build a new box with 3 10's and a huge side port. So I can get the back seat close to stock location.

I have heard good things about Diamond Audio speakers, that is what I will end up going with.

Looks good. Now do the door seal mod and really seal that cab off.

Door seal mod???? tell me more.

I drilled new holes in the brackets, i didnt know anything about flipping the brackets around.

im gonna look into diamond Audio though. thanks

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I can't find the post right off the bat. But basiclly you pull the door seals off take a clear tube and run it threw the seals themselves. Can't recall the size has been a couple of years since I did it.

This is a PITA but once you are done the cab becomes air tight, to the point were you have to roll the window down a little bit to help allow the door to close. Might have to slam them for a little while but the it will be nothing to worry about. You won't even get road/wind noice coming threw.

Maybe someone else can recall the size.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
If it were me, I'd toss some Boston Acoustics in the doors. If you have the coin and time, while the door panels are off lay some dynamat on the skins.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still need to install the dynomat in my doors. Just can't really figure out how to get the doors off just yet.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The door panels come off by removing two screws; one behind the red reflector and one in the arm rest. Then pull OUT the bottom of the door panel until it is loose. Then remove the panel by pulling it UP and it will fall off. EASY!

Dave

Wagonized

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
looks good...next time you should definitely try a ported box though. You'd be surprised what you can squeeze back there with a little imagination. I used to have 4 P2 10s sealed in my truck with 1000 watts and absolutely hated it. I despise sealed enclosures and personally am very much against RF. But thats my listening preference, Im used to highend world class setups and RF certainly doesnt cut it anymore.

If you ever want a ported enclosure design though pm me...i do the designs specific to ur vehicle, gear used, listening preference and goals with the setup. For a small fee. I can build the enclosure too as I have my own small business doing just that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58