Spare Tire Mounting Ideas?

truetexan84

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am running 35's on my F250 and I would like a more permanent/out of the way place to mount a fullsize spare on my truck. I have a headache rack with bedrails and also a large toolbox in the bed. I would like keep my tailgate and I also dont want the tire laying in the bed like it is now. If anyone has any ideas/pics of how i could mount it I would appreciate it. Thank you.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Make a mount that allows the tire to stand along the side of the bed, at a location of your choice. Use a big wingnut to hold it to the side.

Dave

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put it back under the truck. I cut the tab off the old mount so the 35 would fit back under the truck. It's really close to the tailpipe but you could rap it with some header rap to keep it cooler.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
THE HOOD! :lmao. Nahh since you have a headache rack and I assume its mounted very solid?? Mount it at an incline to that up high maybe? Dont know how much you will be able to see out your window. Or do what I am and mount it on a safari rack up top. Im makin a look-a-like ranch hand style head ache rack and will have roll bar tubes goin down to the bed rails and steel bed caps and having a small safari rack on top that I can stick a tire and a bunch of big spots on top. Do a search on google for images of tire carriers and safari racks. Lots of good ideas out there.:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58