Spartan fuel economy

copenhagenstroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
okay, i am starting to sense that spartan is the "new revolution" in programming. so what kind of fuel mileage are you people getting with the lower (dpf friendly) hp tunes? or should i just go straight pipe and higher hp? i am currently averaging about 10 - 12 mpg empty according to the dash guess-o-meter. running 3.73 gears and 37" tires. also, have there been much for issues with spartan's causing engine/ turbo meltdowns (with competent operators... not the "does the red warning light mean give it more throttle?" type) okay, long winded talk, sorry, thanks for any input.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing is did you have the trans. shift points set to the new tire size?? This will help mileage to plus you wont burn up your trans.

copenhagenstroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
no, it has not been recalibrated. the dealership says it is not possible to do it without an aftermarket programmer. funny part is the dealership will sell you a brand new lifted truck, but dont like programmers. :dunno .

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, it has not been recalibrated. the dealership says it is not possible to do it without an aftermarket programmer. funny part is the dealership will sell you a brand new lifted truck, but dont like programmers. :dunno .

There full of sh@$. The same computer the reads code problems and flashs your pcm can change it. You need to goto another dealer. I had mine done at the dealer, took 3 mims to do. They just dont want to do it. Can you get to one of the psd guy's out back, If so ask them, flip them a 20 they'll do it.

Shuffle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
dogman is right i had my truck recalibrated at my local dealer and it was fast and cheep but i really didn't tell much of a difference with 35's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58