speakers?

atk

Reaction score
just wondering what size are the speakers in the doors? i haven`t pulled a door panel yet, but i think they should be the 4x6 ovals....-popcorn

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thay are 6x8s. I got mine from crutchfeild and they include the harness to plug into the factory harness for free. Nice and easy.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if youre willing to TRIM a little or add some adapters you can
put a better <shape> speaker in the same hole...

im running 6.75" (round speakers)...

Sleeper Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
crutchfield is a great place to buy car audio compomonents they give you alot of stuff for free. you pay around store price but you get more in return. and they have agreat customer service. BTW im running 6x8 front and rear amped and one 12" sub sounds great most of it from cructhfield and ebay.

Ryan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You may want to check the size difference between 5x7's and 6x8's. Not sure if there is a size difference. I just installed all new speakers 2 weeks ago. I used the new Boston Accoustic Momos 5x7's. They bolt exactly in the same position. Same screws and all.

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may want to check the size difference between 5x7's and 6x8's. Not sure if there is a size difference. I just installed all new speakers 2 weeks ago. I used the new Boston Accoustic Momos 5x7's. They bolt exactly in the same position. Same screws and all.

Some 5x7s have duel mounting holes and can be used to replace 6x8s. Just pay close attention to how they mount if they dont fit snug in the opening thy can rattle at high volume.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58