Help Needed Speed sensor code

brokentruck97

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello, my truck is throwing out the code for the speed sensor. i replaced the one on the rear diff. the truck is still acting up every now and then.
how often have you guys seen the cluster go out. basicaly i was told i would have to replace all the speedometer parts in order to fix it. is this true????

Thanks for any info.
Cory

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Hello, my truck is throwing out the code for the speed sensor. i replaced the one on the rear diff. the truck is still acting up every now and then.
how often have you guys seen the cluster go out. basicaly i was told i would have to replace all the speedometer parts in order to fix it. is this true????

Thanks for any info.
Cory

I've never heard of an instrument cluster going bad. It is possible your new VSS is bad too, especially if you got it from a non-Ford parts store.

Recently I went round & round over a coolant temp gauge issue. I got two sensors from Advance Auto Parts. Both of them were bad. Then I got a genuine Ford sensor and the problem was fixed. From here on out, I am very skeptical of non-OEM sensors.

brokentruck97

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
gunner, i got the parts from a ford dealer. i even replaced the 1st one with a second and had my mechanic look at it. i thought the sensor was the problem till it started acting up again. my mechanic was the one that suggested the cluster, but he is hesitant because they are spendy.
thanks for your info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14