Speedo Reset help

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I need to reset my speedo, preferably before my road trip this week. I just read the wiki we have and have a question for anyone familiar with the process.

The wiki mentions a wire under the dash with a spade connector and needing to ground it during the process. Can anyone offer more detailed step by steps on this part? How is it currently hooked up (and to what) and how would I go about grounding it?

Thanks! The rest of the wiki sounds straight forward.

Peter

3-StarJ.R.

53 year old kid.....
Reaction score
Peter underneath the glove box is a brown female connector that is marked in bold letters "PSOM" that is not attached to anything, it has a single green wire . thats the one you go to ground with. A short lead with alligator clips on both ends works good. Haven't read the wiki here, but for accuracy I used the blue masking tape on the tire and the asphalt with a center line, just gives you a better visual reference as to when you have rolled the tire a complete revolution and gives you an accurate overall dimension...no guess work...

Last edited:

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
ok, just clip one end to the green wire and the other to a metal piece as ground? Sounds plain enough. Does the clip poke through the green cover to make wire contact or do I find a bare portion of the wire?

Thanks!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You would have to make contact with the wire for it to connect to the ground. The clip will not do it on its own.

Dave

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
right, I just meant will the teeth on the clip poke through the cover on their own. I'll get it to work.

Sounds like an easy fix I can do tonight.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
right, I just meant will the teeth on the clip poke through the cover on their own.
Yes. It is a spade connector inside a plastic connector. The spade is easy to get to with a small alligator clip or a female spade.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14