Speedometer Calibration question on a 2000 F-350...

i_timmers

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I am in need of some help.

Since I lifted my truck:cool: and installed larger tires, my speedometer and shift points are off. Being that my truck is predominantly used to pull my boat, it's kinda important that I get this calibrated. Not to mention keeping my odometer close to actual miles.

Does anyone have suggestions as to the best method of calibration? Superlift has an adapter you can install/program... Are there other ways? I can't imagine there would only be 1 or 2 companies that make a speedometer fix. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
I just had my trans re-flashed Monday. My neighbor/buddy is an ASE diesel tech for the city and hooked his lap top in and he inputed the revs per mile for my 37's (560 per mile according to Toyo) and now the shifts "feel" more accurate for the situation requirements and my MPG display is reading way closer to my math figures than it was. Downside is that now it's recording the actual mileage on the odometer. See what your dealer charges for a re-flash. Mine wanted $100.00.

i_timmers

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Irish,

I know, there's that darn odometer I will have to worry about now... But, at least I won't have to worry about driving on the road by myself and guess if I'm going the speed limit. Sure hope my dealer can do it, I'll call them today and post my results when I get the story from them.

There might be one problem though... I don't think Super Swamper(I believe the main company is Interco...) is that technical as far as revolutions per mile? I sure would have a heck of a time counting them myself. I'll check and see if they can give me that info.

Thanks,

Tim

i_timmers

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
To all you Swamper guys out there... Interco's web site has all the specs including the revolutions per mile if anyone needs it!

Mine is 555 reolutions per mile for Super Swamper Radial TSL size 38x15.50R16.5's

And I thought they wouldn't have it... what was I thinking?

Again, I'll let you guys know if my dealer can reflash my 2000 for this!

Thanks again everyone!

Tim

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
See what your dealer charges for a re-flash. Mine wanted $100.00.

i just asked mine yesterday and they wanted $60+tax. (but that was for another reason.)

p.s. you could try and go to any 'fix it shop' and see what they would charge too. perhaps you know a buddy at said shop...;tu

i_timmers

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I called in a favor with my local Ford service writer. they're gonna charge me $50.00 to do it. I have an appointment to get her handled. While I'm already going there, having my camshaft sensor replaced under the recall. We'll see tomorrow!

Thanks,

Tim

i_timmers

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I did mine with my edge system

I have mine currently adjusted with my Hypertech, problem is they are only good up to either 33's or 35's. 38's just are not that common.

Unfortunately, I missed my appointment today! Work had a major problem that required immediate attention. I am planning to go in tomorrow and getting it taken care of...

Tim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14