Question Speedometer malfunction

jeeps and fords

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My speedometer and odometer quit working a while back but now i need it back, I believe it's not the dash that's the problem what could it be? I'm also sorry if this has been posted before, the search option on here isn't the best.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Your Speed Sensor is died. This is in the rear end on top of the pumpkin housing, with a couple of wires coming from it. The part is not expensive and does not take long to change. I think it takes a 10mm end wrench to remove and replace. You don't have to open the differential cover or any thing like that.

Dave :)

atvrider93

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
as far as I know there are 2 speed sensors on the truck. I believe there is another in the front but I could be wrong.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had posted a questions a few years ago about my speedo malfunction. Both batteries died at the same time and after new ones were installed the speedo quit working. It will sit at about the 7 o'clock position and then spin BACKWARDS to about 80 mph when I'm going about 70 mph. My cruise still works just fine though so I think the speed sensor is still working fine. Any ideas? New speedo time? I just use the gps for speed now. Sorta sucks.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14