split shots? or single shots?

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am condsidering installing stage 2 injectors in my truck. I realize that they are available in split shots and single shots what would you guys reccomend?

Last edited:

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Singles use less HPO and all the tuners I've talked to said they can make more power with singles.

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with singles, better fuel mileage, lots easier on the hpop as rooster said, and the singles do make more power.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Go with singles, better fuel mileage, lots easier on the hpop as rooster said, and the singles do make more power.

That's exactly what Jody @ DP-Tuner told me also.

If you currently have split shots and go with singles, you will need some computer tuning also. Since I have an early 99, I went with a new PCM from DP-Tuner previously. I did have an XLE8 w/ a Banks chip. I was never happy with the way the tranny ran with that setup. I went to an updated 99.5 PCM with a PMT-1 Econo tune and the change was unbelievable.

When I had to replace injectors, I went with Stage I single shots for the same reasons listed by Twildman and DP-Tuner. I have been having some rough idle glitches associated with PCM tuning. I think we've been making headway on figuring out a solution. I got a chip from Bean's which idles smooth as silk. But I think I like the over pull and power of the PCM tune better, if I could just get it to idle like the chip I'd be :D :D :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58