Spray can undercoating?

kbud14

I will never learn
Reaction score
Anybody ever use this stuff? With Thanksgiving in a couple days Im gonna have a few days off work and I was going to take my bed off and paint it and my frame with the stuff. Does it hold up/stick good? I figure its stronger than normal paint, is why I want to paint my bed with it.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I had some from my local finishmaster and it seems to be pretty good. It does flake off a little. Make sure you have the surface cleaned good. Oil, grease, and rust is terrible for this stuff.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
This is what I have used on my truck before.

Very tough, durable, and longlasting.

3m.jpg

kbud14

I will never learn
Reaction score
It just happened to be on sale for 9.99. They only had 2 cans though. I think i might need 4.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
You probably are going to use more than 4 cans, the stuff sprays really thick and you can go through alot really quick.

slopony

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
what are you painting just the underside of the bed and frame because all undercoating stays a little tacky and it will come off very easily. if its that flat bed in your avi that you are painting i would herculiner the the whole flatbed

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
what are you painting just the underside of the bed and frame because all undercoating stays a little tacky and it will come off very easily. if its that flat bed in your avi that you are painting i would herculiner the the whole flatbed

the 3M stuff that I posted about above, is a permanent spray. It does not come off. When washing the truck and using a tire clean or other products that take the grime off, it has never showed signs of coming off.

I know of the kind you are talking about, and yes, its crap.

kbud14

I will never learn
Reaction score
yeah its that flatbed. I am doing the underside/frame in undercoat and will either roll on or spray on bed liner on the top.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl