Spray-in Bed-liners

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a spray-in bed-liner. Any particular brand to stay away from? There are several companies here that do it. There is one outfit that did the bottom of the fuel tanks on our north trucks that I will stay away from since it is falling off in big sheets. I have heard that Rhino is the best but the more reputable companies here that do it use other brands.

ChrisMartinTX

97 F-250
Reaction score
i have a speedliner... similar to line-x. i prefer the high pressure one since they do not gouge as easy or tear. you can nick most rhino liners i have seen with 2x4s. the high pressure may not be as skid resistant but i would take life and toughness over that anyday.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The key to any liner is the prep work none of them stick to clearcoat or rust very well they all have to have clean scratches to stick to, i had line-x sprayed in on my ranger and it worked rather well they didn't prep a spot on the tailgate very well and it pulled off, I took it to the shop that sprayed it and they resprayed it no questions asked.

Some friends of mine did a home spray polyurethane from www.southernpolyurethanes.com and it has held up rather well though it doesnt' have a very good no slip characteristic.

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well we are a rhino linings dealer so of course im gonna be biased, even before we were a dealer i thought rhino was the best. We are in the industrial coatings side of RL, but we have done a few pickups and they have turned out well and holding up very good too. Yes BJS you are right about prep, its probably the most important step in the whole process. If you dont scuff up the clear coat/ paint, remove all dirt, oil/grease, debris, it will not adhere well at all. If you have any specific questions about rhino i will do my best to help ya out.

Luke

drchris1024

SDD Security
Reaction score
Max Power said:
I've always heard that Line-x is the best with Rhino being a close second.

I agree. I had LINE-X when I had a F250 CC 4x4 PSD. White w/ tan Line-X. :cool: It looked good and it worked better. I used to sling rear-ends and transmissions into the back on it and couldn't mess the stuff up.

d.welch1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Line X

I had a Line X sprayed in mine when I bought it, I have had a little of everything in my bed, its holding up great, my dealer also started offering these, the finish is shinier, a friend of mine had his done there, he said it is too slick and everything slides around in the bed, he wouldnt get another one from the dealer, he also liked the Line X and wished he went that way. There are not any Rhino dealers around here?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I will call around and find out exactly what brands are available here and check back here before I take it in.

I have had a hard plastic liner in the bed since the truck was new and a topper over that half the time. Pulling back the rear of the liner it looks good under it but I have heard about the hard liners wearing off the paint. I am planning on keeping the truck forever so I think a spray in liner would be a good addition..

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing with the spray in liners that around here very few shops do without you specifically requesting is remove all bolts that would be covered. In my opinion this is vital if they do a good job prepping ALL surfaces you won't be able to get the bolts out without great difficulty at a later date. If you're thinking about getting your tailgate done then the handle bolts and those that hold the alum cover you just replaced are also on the list.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14