Spray on liner not in bed?...

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience in spray on liners (rhino, line-x) on the outside of your truck or trailer??? I was thinking of having it done on the body under the door line where rocks tend to chip the finish. Also maybe wrap it around into the bottom of the door opening where shoes beat it up. And then there's the front of my cargo trailer (looks like Rosie O'donnell's thighs already) but when I replace it, possibly get the whole front of the new trailer coated good and thick.

Thoughts? Experience

Before anyone suggests them, I am not a fan of mud flaps. I currently have line-x in the bed and love it, you just can't damage that stuff!

Last edited:

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(looks like Rosie O'donnell's thighs already) :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

Had line-x in bed of my last truck and loved it. I could throw anything in the bed and not worry about the bed. There is a guy running around here in Willis that has his whole PSD rhino lined. I saw him one day and asked him what he thought about. He hunts alot and runs down small roads with trees. He said that he has scrapped trees and not even changed the color on the rhino lining. If I see him this week I'll take a pic of it.

Reaction score
be cautious as to which one you do use. i know line x has paint pigment in the liner and doesnt fade like the other guys. just cant remember for the life of me which it was. but ask around and see which one ya wanna go with.

cptdav

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Line-X

I have line x in the bed of my truck and really like it. I have also seen it sprayed on mototcycle frames and somebody in Houston, TX is spraying line x on the roof of 5th wheel trailers. I think it would be good on any surface that takes a beating.

JD

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
go ahead and do it scot. i did it on an old chebby i had...(hey it was bought for mr by daddy). i taped everything off and got the spray can stuff and it turned out pretty nice. great to kick the dirty boots on too when entering. hose it off and good as new.

madkaw

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
In my previous job as a design engineer, we manufactured aftermarket solutions for the main three cargo vans. We always put in aluminum diamond tread floors, and aluminum wall panels. We experimented with rhino linings sprayed on the floors and tubbed up on the walls to hose it out. Last I heard it was holding up really well with no leaks.

snonut

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Rhino

Got a friend that does Rhino Started to do a new process puts it on with high pressure 2,000 lbs comes out real smooth not that rough texture.look good in a bed he did bet i would work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14