Spring codes

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a leaning issue that I think is caused by some weak front springs ('01 with 196000 on it). I got some front springs from a co-worker off of a 2000 with 80000 on it. My only issue before I swap the front drivers side just to see if it changes things is the codes on the springs. I can't find them anywhere on line. Anybody have a resource??

Original spring codes- YC35AKA RPN0140

2000 Spring codes- IC34ACA RPN3290

Thanks for your input!

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this on Fordtrucks.com. Still doesn't really answer any questions for me. Is the RPN***xx the spring code or is the YC or IC the spring code????

I see a lot of people asking about front leaf spring codes and what their actual capacity is so I went through my spring books and matched up the codes with capacities so here you go. I'll list the spring code and then the capacity in pounds next to it and the capacity is per side.

R = 1430
S = 1630
T = 1830
U = 2030
V = 2230
W = 2430
X = 2630

Now in the middle of 00 Ford switched from a berlin eye design to a standard design so some of the springs such as the R code was only used from 99-00 and when you switch out springs you want to be sure to switch out to the 01-04 version because of the standard eye receiving full support from the spring underneath it. Easiest way to tell on the berlin eye is if there's a gap between your 2 leafs and you should always replace this design with the standard eye.

FYI - There is also a 3950 lb capacity spring but this is the X code with an extra tapered leaf installed on it so the 2630 is the heaviest Ford made.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, that would suck. I guess I'll swap out the drivers side tomorrow if I get time and see what I get. I'll measure first. It has leaned drivers side low since I bought 3 or so years ago. I have Cryo rotors and Hawk pads to put on anyways. Oh, and a coolant filtration system, a new water pump, serp belt, hoses......not enough time in a week anymore....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58