Spring under conversion?

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been toying with an idea. I am thinking after I get a solid axle instead of the TTB, I might do a spring under. Now I have a lift kit that is springs in the front and blocks in the back. I think by doing the spring under in the front I can just take all the blocks in the rear out.
The only reason I did the lift was due to the factory leafs in the front really saggin. And it was cheaper to do the lift than to buy factory ones.
I guess my question is whether the u-bolts would be able to hold the wait with the leafs under the axle. I think by doing this, less air resistance and probably better mileage. plus I would still have fourwheel drive to smoke those sports cars. What do ya'll think?:dunno

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i would want bigger u bolts, but it could be done. i think its not worth it in the end, just call up Kelderman and get an air ride system, so you can sag it down, or pump it up depending on what you want to do with it.

i have been thinking about doing it on my truck to alleviate the nasty ride, i talked to them and it sounds like thier kits are pretty straight forward. you keep the top leaf, and cut the others down, and pop an airbag on top.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Would you have any suspension travel left if you did a spring-under? I only have 2.5" reversal in the front but I don't think I would have any suspension travel if I went spring under, the axle would be touching the frame.

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know I will have to look into that as far as how much travel I would have left.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14