Squishy stuff...(Ref Clutch)

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
What the Clutch??????

Well here's the update....

Shall we start from the beginning.... this may help others identify an up and coming problem: Several Months ago, 4-5 clutch pedal began to squeak, and was noticeably (Slight But noticeable) harder to depress. At this time did the "spray" of the pedal to reduce the squeak. This helped, but still was not quite right. as time went on I had noticed I would occasionally grind the gears that I would have never ground before... in the AM's it was some what more difficult to get into gear. I had also noticed going in and out of low it was also a bit more difficult than it should have been. now mind you these were hit and miss.... Finally Friday A:M the pedal gave up the ghost, a crunching sound... not grind ... just did not sound right. Figured 140K on the drive train might be due for the hydraulic system to be replaced, spent the 170.00 at the stealer, an all new unit plus push rod. Put in the new unit, pressed the clutch ... felt good, did this a few more times...... then the sound of metal on metal....crunch and grind. My initial thought was that the through-out bearing had gone through the pressure plate. I was unable to get my mirror in the slave cylinder hole as the fork was in the way. I contact Pete at http://www.southbendclutch.com :thanks Pete was great help, and expressed that if the problem was with their hardware they would stand behind the product, and was ready to overnight if neccasary. Great to know our site sponsors are there to help and stand by their products.... Monday A:M I proceeded to remove the tranny... Low and behold the clutch fork had snapped in two, no damage to the clutch, or and other component. picked up a new Fork from the Stealer, and a new fulcrum, installed and Vroom... So... here’s a quick thanks to those on this site who take the time to post their problems and their fixes, and to the sponsors who help make this possible.

silverado3500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear the good things about south bend...my throwout bearing is starting to wear out, and I'm about to get their LUK upgrade kit with their kevlar throwout bearing, and upgraded fork. :D

Mods: How bad have you got it! :D

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
silverado3500 said:
Glad to hear the good things about south bend...my throwout bearing is starting to wear out, and I'm about to get their LUK upgrade kit with their kevlar throwout bearing, and upgraded fork. :D

Mods: How bad have you got it! :D
Kevlar Throwout bearing?.... do you mean Pilot Bushing?... if you did mean Bearing ...tell me more, I am intersted and curious...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim