srw to drw

stroked 350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi thinking about converting my 01 f-350 to dual rear wheels. Do i have to change axles ? or can i use the outer parts not a cab & chassie . Selling this one & buying another is not an option. Thanks chuck :confused:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There are spacers that go on the front axle. They just bolt on. I am not sure about the rear axle, maybe someone will chime in with this information.

Dave

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
different axles im 99% sure, but it may still work if you were to put longer wheel studs on. i think you need to find a dually in the parking lot, and compare.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I saw a conversion where the owner left the front axle alone and just changed the rear to DRW.

Looked pretty cool. It looked like a reg. truck up front but with the dually rear end.

stroked 350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply's . roy have you had any problems with your set up ? looks much easier than doing axles .thanks

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting a dually 01 with 60k.
If it happens i may be willing to swap, I am thinking srw but the deal is good. I may have all spacers wheels even fender flares,
shoot me an email [email protected] we can talk. i am not positive but i am thinking srw with 35's for me.

stroked 350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok,so far i have found the adapter's i'm going to use. Now i'm looking for rims. Is there a difference in years ?
thanks for your help, Chuck

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
roy have you had any problems with your set up ? looks much easier than doing axles .

No problems with it, sometimes I get a little concerned about how much weight I put on the rear axle, as there is more stress on the bearings... if I ever do one again, I'd find an axle for the rear and use spacers on the front... course I think my next truck (if ever) will be a new one:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58