STACKING CHIPS

Big Stu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can stack a programer with a 10k type mod, or a chip with a 10k type mod... You can not stack a programer with a chip...

With a well tuned chip you will see little if any change adding a stack to a chip... just a SES light more often.

FYI the banks 6 gun is nothing more then a $400 10k mod and a EGT gauge...

Bingo.. my thoughts exactly. If you are gonna stack make sure you aren't compounding timing and fueling, head gaskets go boom and pistons melt quick.:roflmao

Reaction score
Oh come on Stu you have to duck when ya drive through intersections with stoplights surely ya not worried about a little more power Roflmao

Big Stu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh come on Stu you have to duck when ya drive through intersections with stoplights surely ya not worried about a little more power Roflmao

:roflmao :thumbs Yeah I'm not but want to make sure someone doesn't waste their cash on something that ultimately doesn't help and hurts their engine.:)

GOEGLEINBROS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I don't understand the 10k mod. I have never heard of it before. What's it gonna do? Is it something I can do myself?

Race22

Jim
Reaction score
Why are you guy's stacking programs/chips? I have a custom chip from Tony Wildman that does it all. I just don't understand why you have to stack this and that when you can have just one chip. Fill me in if I am missing something.

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I don't understand the 10k mod. I have never heard of it before. What's it gonna do? Is it something I can do myself?
Here is the 10 k mod. It will add several HP to your engine. This diagram has the added feature of having a transistor that turns the mod off when at idle to make the idle smooth. Yes, it is an easy to do and cheap mod.
Jim
vbpgimage.php

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are you guy's stacking programs/chips? I have a custom chip from Tony Wildman that does it all. I just don't understand why you have to stack this and that when you can have just one chip. Fill me in if I am missing something.

Read back again... Most are saying just what you did, No need to stack with a well tuned chip, be it from DP Tuner, or Tony...

strokeit5

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Is there a certain procedure you have to do to make sure the chip and the programmer stack correctly?

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YOU CAN NOT STACK A PROGRAMER AND A CHIP... The chip overrides the programer...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14