Stacks and 3" downpipe?

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it feasible to stay with a 3 inch downpipe and stacks?

Im thinking the 4 inch stacks would look good on the truck if I slide my tool box back.

Since I am in a ext cab I have the 8 foot bed. I should have enough room for box the box and the stacks.

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm is it me or do I post questions that people dont have thoughts on?

And before Budro says anything No budro Just no!

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stacks with a 3" DP is like farting through a straw--if you're going through the trouble of installing stacks, do it right and install a proper dowpipe while you're that far into things.

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I thought I had read that we lose some bottom end tq, but gain a loss in heat, by going to a 4 inch?

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Here's my :2c

The OBS trucks that run stacks do it with a 3" dp. A 4" won't fit without major firewall modification.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i had 5" stacks on my 95 with a 3"downpipe and 4"from the downpipe to the stacks.took them off and ran normal for a bit but i just put the stacks back on about an hour ago :D

crzycowboy

Suporting Vendor - www.grpipes.com
Reaction score
For the early Power Strokes (94-97) a 3" down pipe is squeezing all the room it can to fit, with out fire wall adjustments....LOL. But after the down pipe (in our kits we do this) we provide a 3" to 4" adapter, and run 4" the rest of the way. From there you could install any of our stack kits with the 4" inlets. Been workin' with a customer that installed 5" stacks on his truck, and waiting on some pictures here soon!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14