stacks vs. rear exit exh. ???

broncomania

7.3 with stacks
Reaction score
for power and performance, which is better ? i like the look of the stacks.
what do you guys suggest i buy for my 2000 7.3 .
mbrp 4" out the back or stacks ? thanks .

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
if you use your bed a lot for hauling things, i would stay away from stacks. i know people who have melted plastic to them, or smashed them with quads/snowmobiles/lumber. i also know people who have stacks and manage to work around them, and they are perfectly happy. really i think it all comes down to what you like best.i dont think you will see any power difference between stacks and the mbrp.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
got stacks on my 95.havent smashed them with the quad yet.but have had plastic shopping bags melt to them -mad

gentryken

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
no problems with mine, but I tend to clean out the truck bed after a trip to dollar general....

....the MBRP 4" smokers kit from TDP fit perfect...fit to finish, the DP was well formed,
my only complaint was that we were working with tight tolerances on the length....dont understand
why they cant just make the flex pipe, or the 4" tube section about 4" longer....we kinda had to find
our clamp places precisely, woulda made it easier to just cut some pipe off instead...

Last edited:

sik350

wuts bio-diesel?
Reaction score
f350002-1.jpg

DO IT!!..lol

broncomania

7.3 with stacks
Reaction score
update , i ordered the 4" mbrp turbo back with a ss 5" tip

Race22

Jim
Reaction score
That's the same thing I a running and just love it. I did take the MBRP muffler off after a while because I wanted it loader than it was. Listen to my race vido with the muffler delete.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58