Stalling or hesitation problems at WOT?

DutyCalls08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello to all. I'm not sure if this has been addressed already, but I've heard a few people complaining about this issue, and have even experienced it myself a few times. The new trucks occasionally stutter or hesitate when launching hard from a stand still or at wide open throttle. I had originally thought that the trucks were starving for fuel because the factory pump could not maintain fuel pressures high enough at WOT. This is not entirely true. The problem is not in the common rail system, or the pump, but rather just a matter of the fuel tank being too low. When the tank is run down to anything around 50 miles to empty or lower, the fuel pick ups become exposed to air on hard launches or extreme cornering. To avoid this, simply avoid letting your fuel level drop below the 50 miles to empty mark. Obviously if you've tried this and the problem is still occurring then take your truck to the dealer for service. My apologies if this seems like common sense to most of you, but we are not all diesel demigods.

Jimmy Tanner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only problem I have had at WOT is grill replacement. Seems my turbo continues to suck mine right through the system.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg