starter broke off

Wreckaboy1

Too Short Towing
Reaction score
this is a weird one. I go to start the wrecker, new starter like 2 weeks old, it grinds. Take it off tonight, only had to remove the top bolt, and it fell off.

How can this happen? any ideas? luckily my buddy rich has another plate , but now i gotta take the tranny out again

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
well see i know stuff.sometimes its a good thing and other times its a bad thing:D .the good part is i have the part he needs on my old engine so he will be comeing to my shop tomorrow night to rape my old engine again.:D

ryanPSD

Living in Kallynogunforya
Reaction score
CAn I rape it for your inecjtors while he's at it??? You are geting stage IIIs while hes at irt right???? :D :D :D :D :D

ryanPSD

Living in Kallynogunforya
Reaction score
Holy cow, I don't remember typing that but (I still feel lightly drunk :oops:)... dang oh well it was worth a shot. :D

Anyways sorry for the off topic. How the heck does the starter break off like that? That is crazy.

Last edited:

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
its a possibility that a rattling DMF will do it.but while swapping injectors.when you go to bump it over with the starter before trying to actually start it.theres atill some full/oil in the cylinder.it kicks back on the starter like a gas engine will do with the timing advanced too far.big block checvies are notorious for kickin back and snapping the starter casing.

Wreckaboy1

Too Short Towing
Reaction score
well its all set, thanks rich! 2.5 hrs later, tranny , transfer case, drive shafts and clutch removed and re-installed! Hopefully i don't have to deal with this ever again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14