Starter Motor

Bigdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G'day guys i am looking for a new Starter Motor for my 02 7.3L can someone put me on to a good one and a online shop that i can get it from .
Thanks

Last edited:

Bigdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not want to upset anyone But has no one had to replace the Starter Motor on a 7.3 before :dunno I live in Australia and the money we have to pay for part is like , (Take out a second morage on the house) so far i have been told a new replacement Starter will cost me about $1100.00 to $1500.00 AUD and when a new 2012 F250 sell for waite for it , about $130K .
So if anyone has anything on a 7.3L Starter let me know .
Thanks Francis G

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Just a thought,,, It is just a starter motor and a couple of gears. Get yours rebuilt locally and save a bunch of $$$. I am not in the international starter fund, but 1100 to 1500 AUD is too much.

Dave

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I do not want to upset anyone But has no one had to replace the Starter Motor on a 7.3 before :dunno I live in Australia and the money we have to pay for part is like , (Take out a second morage on the house) so far i have been told a new replacement Starter will cost me about $1100.00 to $1500.00 AUD and when a new 2012 F250 sell for waite for it , about $130K .
So if anyone has anything on a 7.3L Starter let me know .
Thanks Francis G

d**m!
find an auto electric shop and get it rebuilt...

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've ordered things from a variety of online parts dealers and have had found good prices and products at RockAuto Auto Parts. the question will be shipping and what they charge to ship it.

They are a fairly simple DC motor and more often than anything the relay/contactor on the starter assembly is what goes bad. That should be available at the normal parts stores

Bigdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To DaveBen, J L Dickmon, i have had my Auto Electric guy look at it and he did not think it was repairabul , I have found a replacement starter in Oz after beening told that the best price was $ 600.00 i found one for $195.00 and will give it a go, and thanks for your input :clap:

Bigdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the new starter is great , my old one must have been dieing for a long time 7 years because it never started like this turn key and 2 sec later runing so happy now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58