Starter Solenoid

MrTailLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where is the started solenoid on this 94 PSD? i see a solenoid on the pass. side fender, but it does not apear to be for the starter, as the power cables are not big enough.

i done a repo tonight, parked the truck at the shop, went and done another drive by for another repo, and i went back to the truck and when it started it sounded funny? come to find out the starter was stuck in the spinning cycle, but not pushed out of the starter to actually engauge in the fly wheel. in order for it to quit, i had to unhook my battery cable.

i guess this would explane why the volt meter read LOW!

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The starter solenoid should be the one on the passenger inner fender the wires look small because the actual main battery feeds do not go through it only the trigger wire does. That problem sounds to me like it is a starter motor issue. Any of my experences with FORD solenoids they are either good or not working at all.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Patrickc is correct, the real solenoid is on the starter and the one on the fender is the trigger for the real thing. Crawl under the truck and have a look.

Dave :grin

clem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have to change the solenoid on the starter use the right size cross tip screwdriver and small locking pliers on the screw heads at the same time they are locktited in.An impact driver may work but I didn't have one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya