Starting Issues

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Alright, On occassion when I go to start the truck its acts funny, After waitin for the WTS light to go out I turn the key and nothin, like its not goin to even turn over at all. No clicks, no nothin! Then about a 2 seconds later it cranks over? Any ideas? Afraid its gonna leave me stranded. :confused: Thanks for any help!

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Check your cable connections to the batteries for corrosion. Don't just look at them, pull them off and clean them with a wire brush and some baking soda or Coke A Cola.

I had some similar electrical gremlins a few years back. Corroded battery connections turned out to be the cause.

Good Luck.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Hmmmm, sombody else here had this problem? I think it was JamesF250. Let me look into it.

JamesF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Fireman said:
Hey folks,

Alright, On occassion when I go to start the truck its acts funny, After waitin for the WTS light to go out I turn the key and nothin, like its not goin to even turn over at all. No clicks, no nothin! Then about a 2 seconds later it cranks over? Any ideas? Afraid its gonna leave me stranded. :confused: Thanks for any help!

Hey Fireman - I had the EXACT same problem. It never left me stranded, but it sure had me worried. Anyway, I went and bought a couple new batteries (figured it couldn't hurt anything as they were 4 years old) and it solved the problem. No more hesitation starting up.

How old are your batteries?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
JamesF250 said:
Hey Fireman - I had the EXACT same problem.

Ahhh, I gotta mind like a steel trap I tell ya....... nothing gets in and little gets out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14