starting to get my knickers in a knot.....

SDEric

Here's my pride!
Reaction score
I'm interested in how you did this, could you post up directions on this if you can remeber from that long ago?

Thanks
E

nevrnf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible you are checking/changing the WRONG relay??????? One is for the GP and one is for the Air heater in the elbo. If you are checking the air heater it will not go active above 40 degrees.

scoutman77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, got the right relay. Pretty simple to wire the switch. Run a wire to ground under the dash. take the cover off from under the dash. there should be a bolt or two on the right side. run the wire from ther to one side of your switch, run another wire from the other side of the switch to the front small terminal of the GPR. when you turn on the key, the back one should have power as long as the key is on, the front one should have power unless the PCM is setting a ground to run the relay. take the wire off the front of the relay, and tape up and out of the way. put the wire that you ran from the cab on the front terminal of the relay. turn on the key and flip the switch, the glow plugs should come on. just don't forget to shut them off. I ran a wire from the glow plug side of the relay, should be the drivers side large terminal to an LED next to the switch for an indicator. just run the wire to one side of the LED the other side goes to the ground.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58