Starting to plan injector project.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Like the title says, I'm gettting ready to do injectors. I'm looking at a weekend in Aug where I have both a Sat & Sun off. I've gotta call Bean's and find out lead time on a set of single shot stage 1's, and then call DP-Tuner for a PCM tuned for single shots to swap for mine.

The big thing I'm wondering is this: I read the wiki article on doing injectors on an OBS truck, any significant differences for doing it on a Superduty? I think my major areas of concern are draining the oil & fuel galleys/rails and getting the passenger side valve cover off. I heard that the one side was a real bitch, drivers side valve cover looks to be a piece of cake.

I've already got a plan for sucking fuel out of the cylinders. My BD exhaust brake came with a HD vacume pump. I can hot wire the pump to run on demand. I can also make a vacume cannister to collect fuel sucked out of the cylinders. If it works half as well as I think it will, it'll be sweet.

As long as I'm in there, I might as well do glow plugs and the UVC clips too. Anybody have the part number handy for those UVC clips? :thanks

mech2161

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"I've already got a plan for sucking fuel out of the cylinders. My BD exhaust brake came with a HD vacume pump. I can hot wire the pump to run on demand. I can also make a vacume cannister to collect fuel sucked out of the cylinders. If it works half as well as I think it will, it'll be sweet."

This is how I've done them all along. I got a vac evac sys and it works great. You can check with Larry http://www.discountpowerparts.com/ he's a Beans dealer and a site sponsor.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Kent,

I dont believe you'll run across any MAJOR differences between the 94-97 7.3L and your E99 7.3L. It is a bit intimidating at first, but in retro-spect, its a cake walk job. Just do everything step by step, and if you have questions take photos and feel free to post here. We'll help if we can. If I am available the weekend you have in mind, I'd be happy to give you my PH# for emergency assistance also.

Mike

jhess

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just did mine. A diesel tech told me to take out the glow plug and give it 2 or 3 crake overs. It pushed all of it out. Then you have to change the oil becease it goes back to the oil pan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg