stay with 6.0 or go to 6.4???????

jimmypage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all right here is the deal i test drove a 2008 F450 and now i am in love with it do you think i should keep my truck for a while or give it to my employee and get the F450 what do you guys think??

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I would wait a year before you buy the NEW engine. This will give it time to work/find the bugs.

Dave

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i think id wait a year too...id be scrubbing the 6.4 forums NOW
(take it w/ a grain of salt as you read / review what others are saying...)

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
yep...yep....wait awhile to see whats being said....the good, the bad, and the ugly.....its better to wait and say "i wish i would've bought it when it first came out"......than buy it and say "i wish i would've waited to see the problems others were having"......:thumbs

AFwheels

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i'd wait. i have an 08 f350 and im pretty happy. i sold my 06 f350 to get into this one not thinking how limited id be as far as modifiying it. but, so far the truck has been great. the interior is awesome and the engine is super quiet. just do as much reading as you can.

Scot

;()
Reaction score
My vote is for wait. Personally I wouldn't consider one until the 2010 model year. Remember it took 2+ years to work the bugs out of the 6.0 :eek:

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I think you should go ahead and do it. Keep us posted! It should be educational and maybe entertaining too! :sly Take one for the team!! :sweet

Besides that, I want to work for you (send the keys to me now)!!!!!!!:eek: :roflmao :roflmao

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that it has been said but I hang out and wait until next year, before I would buy one. I would much rather buy a truck and drive it for a year then to sell my truck and buy one that I can only drive for 6 months while it is in the shop for the other 6. But it your choice.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
If you do pull the trigger, ask them if they still offer the weenie roast option like they test marketed on some of the units they shipped to Canada.:roflmao

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14