stealth HPOP issues again!!!

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Have you talked to Tony to see if this could be an issue with Programming?

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
Have you talked to Tony to see if this could be an issue with Programming?

He tried different burns last time and it still wouldn't run right.
The early ipr's had an edge filter on them. If I remeber they are longer and are not interchangable at all.

Here's a thought, ohm out the wires from ipr connector all the way back to the pcm.

Heres my theory for that...
Maybe with one pump you can get enough voltage to open the ipr enough for proper operation, but with the stealth you are flowing so much more oil that the voltage drop is too much to run the ipr properly to deal with the extra oil..
:dunno :dunno

Could be in the connector to the fuel bowl harness, the ipr connector itself, the pcm connector, the wires....Dunno worth a shot though. Does the scan tool have anything showing actual duty cycle on the ipr, not just desired????

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
I see. Ok then I think that we cleared up that it's not a programming issue. I don't have any ideas then.

JimTJr

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok, do you have any codes besides the ICP ones? What "Scan tool" are you using? Just a code reader? OR do you have AE? I think Tubzz and Tony, and the others that could be a huge help to you, need to know specifics, Duty cycle, voltages for the ICP, with just the key on, and while cranking, what does the duty cycle do while cranking when it won't start? What does the pressure go up to? MORE info would be a huge help. There is no way, your truck just does not want BO... and you have a problem, that is PROBABLY extremely simple. (Take the blinders off, and try to NOT think it can ONLY be the pumps) Trouble shoot this like you have no clue as to why it's messed up, and attack it like a normal problem. Your a diesel tech aren't you? (Thought I read that in another post, I may be wrong)
When I am working on the 15s sometimes, you have to step back, start from scratch and keep an open mind.

But really, if you have access to AE or one of the GOOD tools...get those other readings posted.
But as I said before, if you truley think your Stealth is JUNK,, I will buy it for scrap price!!!!:roflmao I do not think it has to do with them though,,,,

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
Ok, do you have any codes besides the ICP ones? What "Scan tool" are you using? Just a code reader? OR do you have AE? I think Tubzz and Tony, and the others that could be a huge help to you, need to know specifics, Duty cycle, voltages for the ICP, with just the key on, and while cranking, what does the duty cycle do while cranking when it won't start? What does the pressure go up to? MORE info would be a huge help. There is no way, your truck just does not want BO... and you have a problem, that is PROBABLY extremely simple. (Take the blinders off, and try to NOT think it can ONLY be the pumps) Trouble shoot this like you have no clue as to why it's messed up, and attack it like a normal problem. Your a diesel tech aren't you? (Thought I read that in another post, I may be wrong)
When I am working on the 15s sometimes, you have to step back, start from scratch and keep an open mind.

But really, if you have access to AE or one of the GOOD tools...get those other readings posted.
But as I said before, if you truley think your Stealth is JUNK,, I will buy it for scrap price!!!!:roflmao I do not think it has to do with them though,,,,

He tried different burns last time and it still wouldn't run right.
The early ipr's had an edge filter on them. If I remeber they are longer and are not interchangable at all.

Here's a thought, ohm out the wires from ipr connector all the way back to the pcm.

Heres my theory for that...
Maybe with one pump you can get enough voltage to open the ipr enough for proper operation, but with the stealth you are flowing so much more oil that the voltage drop is too much to run the ipr properly to deal with the extra oil..

Could be in the connector to the fuel bowl harness, the ipr connector itself, the pcm connector, the wires....Dunno worth a shot though. Does the scan tool have anything showing actual duty cycle on the ipr, not just desired????

Like I said start simple, I would ohm the harness out a bit to start, I don't remember doing that the last go round, did ya?

JimTJr

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does the scan tool have anything showing actual duty cycle on the ipr, not just desired????
I don't know if your asking in general, or about his.
AE shows actual duty cycle, while cranking, running, what ever. (You can also record and watch events while they happen, (ie.. WOT, during shifts, under heavy towing up hill, anyway you want)
AE is a great tool, best 500.00 I EVER spent I think.. and I am only moderately competent with it, the more I use it, the more I learn about it.
Also you can go to ITP diesel and check out their AE forum, if you want to learn more about it.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok well.im useing a snap-on solus scanner.i dont know what i did but now when it starts its goes right up to 3500PSI and hangs there for a bit and run rough as hell before dropping to 1800PSI at idle then it will set the CELL and run a little smoother.if i clear the code and it will set it again before i try to get back to the data while its running to see what its doing before the CEL comes on.its still knocky soundy,skipping.when i try to go WOT with it it acts like its hitting the rev limiter at 2500RPM.

wich ipr is wich?i remember that on the end that goes into the hpop one of them is closed solid and one has a hole that has a set screw inside of it.i have the one thats open but forget wich one is in the truck and running,but i know its for 96-up.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
key on,engine off:ICP(V) 0.23,IPR% 15.running before CEL comes on:ICP(V) 1.50,IPR% 5,ICP(PSI) 1220-1270

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl