steelership

bonestroker

stroke it if you got it
Reaction score
I went to the dealer to get the fuel bowl heater changed out and check to see if a injector was going out. they came out and told me that my exaust back presure sensor was gone I asked what my total was and he said with a ( twinkle & a smile) $ 921.00 I said wait a min here the heater was $ 180.00 so what the hell the diesel teck scrued up and changed out the hole thing and not just the heater. are price is $ 600.00:eek: there price is 303.00. pluse I needed the ebs changed out I need to find a cheeper way to do all this I think I can change out the EBS my self if some one will tell me were its at thanks Bone:thanks

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bonestroker said:
I went to the dealer to get the fuel bowl heater changed out and check to see if a injector was going out. they came out and told me that my exaust back presure sensor was gone I asked what my total was and he said with a ( twinkle & a smile) $ 921.00 I said wait a min here the heater was $ 180.00 so what the hell the diesel teck scrued up and changed out the hole thing and not just the heater. are price is $ 600.00:eek: there price is 303.00. pluse I needed the ebs changed out I need to find a cheeper way to do all this I think I can change out the EBS my self if some one will tell me were its at thanks Bone:thanks

I just read an article about this marvelous new punctuation invention called "the period". Please use some--this post is dang near impossible to read w/o them.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
bonestroker said:
I went to the dealer to get the fuel bowl heater changed out

There was your first mistake...

You could have changed the heater yourself in about 20 minutes including clean up. I hope that $900 was an estimate and not an after-the-fact bill.

Once my warrantee expired I have not set foot back into the dealer service department for work to be done.

PTECH

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The exhaust back pressure is in the front of your engine. Go to the front of your drivers side exhaust manifold and you will fine a metal tube tapped into it that goes up the front of the engine and has a sensor screwed into the other end. That is your EBP sensor.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Actually the tube comes off the passenger side exhaust manifold and the sensor is connected to the HPOP gear cover on the front of the engine just below the reservoir.

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Okay, since the OP was sort of hard to decipher, I am going to break it into the pieces I think you broke it into and try to answer your questions or statements with MHO. Here goes.
I went to the dealer to get the fuel bowl heater changed out and check to see if a injector was going out.
So, you gave them permission to change out the fuel bowl heater element, and run tests to see if you are having injector issues.
they came out and told me that my exaust back presure sensor was gone
Okay, so your exhaust backpressure sensor is bad. This happens. Very easy to change out. BUy the part and we can walk you through changing it out in 15 minutes of less. Don't pay them to do it.
what my total was and he said with a ( twinkle & a smile) $ 921.00
Okay, so did he give you a QUOTE for work to be done, or the BILL for work they had gone ahead and done without notifying you or asking your permission? This is going to be a very important determining factor on how you ought to be dealing with them from this point on.
I said wait a min here the heater was $ 180.00 so what the hell the diesel teck scrued up and changed out the hole thing and not just the heater.
This leads me to believe that the previous statement was the PRICE, not the quote. If this is the case, then here are my views on the situation...
1.) YOu gave them permission to do two things on your truck, and two things ONLY. Change the heater element (NOT THE WHOLE BOWL) and check for bad injectors. THe element change out for $180 is highway robbery just in and of itself. My guess is that all told, you had given them permission to do less than $250 worth of work, MAYBE as much as $300. Certainly not $921.

2.) The changing out of the fuel bowl was THEIR mistake, not yours. You should not be paying for it. Demand that they re-install your old fuel bowl and replace the heater like you'd originally asked them, and then get some compensation for the increased time-in-shop caused by their screw up.

3.) If they hesitate for a second, have the Better business Bureau on speed dial, tell them you are calling, and tell them your lawyer is next. They have no leg to stand on legally for charging you for their mistake. If you ordered ham and eggs at a restaraunt and they brought you a chicken fried steak, and you demanded ham and eggs, so they brought it to you, too, how long would you consider their request that you pay for the Chicken fried steak, also?

are price is $ 600.00:eek: there price is 303.00.
I don't know what this means, but that is not important. The important thing is that you should be paying no more than the cost to replace a fuel bowl heater, regardless of what they did to your truck, since that was all that was bad. If they start in on you about cost of parts, etc, then you just tell them they are the ones that decide to put the whole bowl in, not you, and that you were only prepared to pay for a heater swap, which is $180. THeir loss, not yours, bud.
pluse I needed the ebs changed out I need to find a cheeper way to do all this I think I can change out the EBS my self if some one will tell me were its at thanks Bone:thanks
Yeah, well, the EBS is pretty easy to change. Go buy one from the parts dept. at your local stealership and we can walk you through changing it out. Post another thread on the forum when you're ready.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14