steering stabilizer/ball joints

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed upper and lower ball joints on my truck around 3k miles ago and I have developed a small problem. When I drive the truck and make a turn the steering will not return to center without me manualy turning it back. Now, I have had the truck aligned twice and completely reworked the ball joints. I have checked everything for proper torque and everything seems to be moving freely. I just got back in from checking everything again and this time I decided to remove the front stabilizer which in turn solved the problem. I checked the stabilizer and it isn't tight or bent and moves freely. When I push it in it stays in and when I pull it out it stays out. Now should this return back to center or is it working as it should. I don't want to buy a new stabilizer if this one is still good. Everything was fine before I installed the ball joints and no they aren't to tight and yes they were torqued to 150ft lbs for lower and 70ft lbs for upper. Tie rods are in good shape as well. Help!

Scott

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I can't speak for the ball joints but I know the steering stabilizer is fluid filled doesn't self expand like the stock shocks so it won't return to center(so to speak)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14