steering stabilizer

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
sssooooo, since i got new used edelbrock shocks, was looking for a steering stabilizer. and seems that edelbrock DOES NOT make one, does anyone have a recommendation of what/how to get?

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fabtech, Superlift, Bilstein, ProComp, Skyjacker, Rubicon Express just about any shock or suspension company. Just about any place that sells these companies products online will have what you need.

Goliath

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Im running the dual kit from superlift. I ran one of their first ones a few years ago to prototype it (live near their main building) and was very happy. I think I paid around 280 for this new one. Only complaint is that IMO it seems to hang just a bit lower than the factory unit.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I am running the Skyjacker dual kit. They don't hang down any further than the stocker. They are powder coated white. You can always rough them up and rattle can them to match your shocks.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever you get I would suggest that you ensure it has a lifetime warranty. My original on my '04 started leaking in about two years. I went to Napa and bought a stock replacement which was a Monroe. That started leaking after about two years also. The one I bought didn't have a lifetime warranty because it was repackaged as a Napa item, if it was a Monroe packaged item it would have been covered:dunno
I put the new Bilstein shocks on my truck a couple weeks ago and since they don't make a stabilizer for our trucks I bought a Moog with a lifetime warranty :) from O'Reilly Auto Parts.

I have read (I believe on here) that you can run a regular shocks as a stabilizer but you have to run a dual kit so the shocks and be run opposed. Not sure of the truth behind that though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58