steering stabilizer?

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who makes a good aftermarket/larger-than-stock steering stabilizer kit for the SuperDuty? I'll need to get the shock and bracket kit, since the Rancho unit I've got on there now (the big one, not the OEM replacement) is banged up and leaking, so it needs to be replaced but I'm not sure what to replace it with. I wasn't completely unhappy with the performance of the Rancho, but it never really held up like I wanted, plus it started rusting within nanoseconds of when I installed it (just like the Rancho shocks I put on at the same time...).

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
I have Donahoe Racing Steering stabilizers that are built into the front shocks

maybe you should give those a go? I love em so far

CHPMustang

Reaction score
John I went with the ProComp ES2000 as it's a straight bolt in,cost like $30 and is way more functional than the stocker,I picked it up from 4 Wheel Parts:sweet

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same one as Bill has...I really like mine, I also got mine from 4 wheel parts online.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put a sky-jacker dual stabilizer on mine this weekend. 100 bucks I think?

DSC07382.jpg

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
I just put a sky-jacker dual stabilizer on mine this weekend. 100 bucks I think?

Was that $100 for both shocks and the mounting hardware? If so, that's not a bad price for a dual setup. Heck, those shock bodies are the right color so you won't have to re-paint them...

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, 100-ish for everything.

You do have to cut the old stabilzer bracket off to install the new system, so a Saw-Z-All is handy. Also, you need to rotate the tie-rod clamp 180* so that the bolts are not in the way. They didnt tell me that in the instructions tho.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered myself one of THESE . It's probably the same damned thing as the POS Rancho unit I've got now, but with a couple coats of Rustoleum, maybe it will last more than five nanoseconds before starting to rust. I wasn't sure that I'd have the room for a dual-stabilizer kit, since I've got that larger-capacity front diff cover (link in sig) since it appears like the bracketry for mounting the driver's-side shock would interfere. That doesn't seem like it'll be that big of a deal since I've got 285's on the wheels now and don't anticipate going larger and consequently don't need the duals like I would if I went to 315's. OK, maaaaaaaaybe I'd think about going to 295's, but that's pretty unlikely 'cuz BFG has an E-rated 285/75R16 AT/KO out now.

gtrippleb

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Check this out, looks like you get four shocks and a steering stabilizer. Not sure what the difference between the Rancho and the Pro Comps are. Anyone know what the model the Rancho shocks are? I'm thinking of replacing them and was actually looking at the 9000 series.

Package Deal: Pro Comp Super Shocking Deal - only $135.99

http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/packages/index.asp?ParentPacID=46

Greg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14