"stench-bomb diesel"

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
A local resident here in Fairbanks is leaving town and it is all because of my "stench-bomb diesel".

I don't want to come off like a tree hugger, I eat moose and wear fur, and advocate such; but one of the biggest reasons our family is leaving Fairbanks soon is because of the terrible air quality in Fairbanks--largely from these stench-bomb diesels.

Sure they make sense--great mileage, great torque, hauling... but they absolutely KILL the air quality, especially when its well below zero. People in Fairbanks leave these friggin things idling for days, even weeks!
I know there are other sources of pollution, but the toxic cocktail emitted by these trucks combined with the icefog is especially brutal for any allegry sufferer.

I don't expect any positive comments on >this< post. :/

Talk about a moron -mad I hope I can get beside him at a traffic light before he leaves town :roflmao

Click here for the full story if you are interested.

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
whats a matter crummy old boy? dont you know we must change the world, stop living, re-arrange our life and eat grape nuts to appease the simple morons of the world, your not getting insensitive are you, does some need a hug..:D :D :D
does he kill the moose for SURVIVAL or just to get a trophy??? sort of a biggit isnt he ???

we have em down here to, when i lived in pensacola, home of the Navy (lets teach college boys to fly, and the BLUE Angles), we had folks write in to the papers complaining about the jet noise..... one lady claimed she never saw a letter or disclaimer mentioning aircraft nearby when she moved down from jersey, so she cant understand why the navy cant just stop flying so her house will be quiet.... mind you, from her house she can see the end of the runway lights.
I geuss she figured it was for the seagulls to see at night and not get lost looking for food,:dunno :dunno :dunno

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interestingly enough its what he CANT smell that will kill him...
just cause cars DONT smell doesnt mean theyre not have their
effects on the air quality.

and what he doesnt, apparently, understand is that diesel particals
fall to the GROUND...where gasoline particals float and cause more
polution.

you can sweep the streets...you CANT sweep the clouds !

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
What a moron!! There is a reason that gassers are tested for emmisions and diesel's are not.

Reaction score
Crumm,

Don't be angry....be happy! Your state will be down one less a$$hole!!:D

If he's worried about the polution in Alaska, I'm not really sure where he thinks he's going to go that will be better??:dunno

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
remind 'em that w/ the new Ultra low sulfer diesel youll be giving up
fuel mileage...and therefor youll have to burn MORE fuel to get where youre
going...

remind him that ethanol enhanced gasoline make us less dependant
on opec, but have reduced efficiency...so we burn more...and polute more
while we try to save the world...

ask 'em how many light bulbs like these he owns....
http://www.fastcompany.com/subscr/108/open_lightbulbs.html

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58