Sticky EGR?

Kay-Ja

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This is my first post so pleased be gentle. Today was about 5 degrees F, I had the truck plugged in at work all day. Truck started fine I got 10 minutes into the drive home started shuddering and loss of power which led to the truck stalling out. Waited a few minutes and attempted to start the truck. It took three attempts to get it running. Drove the truck the other 30 minutes home with no power. When I was home shut it down popped the hood checked fluids and for loose connections everything was fine. I backed out of garage stalled in the road 25 feet from driveway again no power. Started the truck again hard starting and went down the road to stearlership to ask some questions. Same ride down to stearlership no power, just enough power to get out of its own way. Waste of time there no help. The one and only diesel mechanic was at a doctors appointment and apparently no one else in the shop knows anything about diesels. I started up the truck to leave and everything drove normal back to the house. Power was back and drove fine. The truck is 03 6.0 CC SB 4WD with no mods. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Yepper, get it scanned and see what code(s) it has logged.

This is just a SWAG but it could possibly be EGR or EBPV or the turbo and associated sensors.

If you have an advanced auto or auto zone close by they can scan it for you.

Kay-Ja

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I did stop by advance auto for a scan, but he could not get a reading on the scanner (not the sharpest tool in the shed). I will try auto zone in the morning.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Welcome Kay Ja. Some of the Auto Parts houses don't have scanners that can read CAN protocol. Ford diesels need a scanner that will read CAN protocol. Good Luck in your hunt.

Dave :)

Kay-Ja

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thank-you everyone for your help. The truck has been running fine. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I will look into getting my own scanner.

mac

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I know it is rare but, how about a semi gelled up fuel line or clogged fuel filters especially where you said it was cold out and you might of had some contaminants in you fuel. Just a thought.

mac

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I know it is rare but, how about a semi gelled up fuel line or clogged fuel filters especially where you said it was cold out and you might of had some contaminants in you fuel. Just a thought.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigtruk