Still smokin'

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i did head studs, egr and oil cooler and I still have white smoke. Here is the deal. When the engine is cold there is no smoke at all. Once the engine has some time to warm up, usually a couple minutes, it will puff some white smoke. This only happens when I start from a dead stop. The harder I punch the gas, the bigger the puff of smoke. Sometimes at idle there is a faint steady stream of white smoke.

Before I did all of this work, I remember losing oil. I had an oil leak from the valve covers that made its way to the bell housing but I don't thing that leak was enough to account for an entire quart of oil. I did check out the exhaust side of the turbo and the downpipe and the soot there was bone dry. I am guessing that I may need to investigate a bad turbo but i don't know how to check it for leaking oil. I really hope that it isn't the turbo. Yuck!

Most of the white smoke issues I have searched deal with the EGR cooler but it blows steam most of the time. Others issues are with injectors but I have no codes to go with that. This sucks!

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On second thought, I am going to run it down to a shop my friend runs and get him to do an injector contribution test on it. I'm starting to think that might be the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14