Stock Excursion 1/4 mile times

jeffnzoya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother took his 05 Excursion down the track the other day and it ran 19.3. I told him that seemed big time slow. What's the average time/mph for these trucks.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure, as I have not run mine down the track. It does seem a bit slow though. I can, from a light or stop sign at the top of an on-ramp get on the throttle hard and be doing the interstate speed limit by the bottom of the ramp, I am at speed when I get to the merge lane.....

jeffnzoya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. I think the truck is bigtime slow. I would think in the 16's anyway.

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Excursion is heavier than your pickup so it seems reasonable that it's slower. And the turbo on the 6.0 takes time to spool up causing a slow 1/4 mile time also. When I drove a Dodge I could easily take a Powerstroke off the line because the Cummins builds boost right away but as soon as the turbo kicked in the Powerstroke would blow by me like I was standing still.

jeffnzoya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was awful slow off the line but it felt like it was not pulling all the way through the gear's. It also has a bad miss. He can't be running on more than 7 cyl.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to run it on my insight 1/4 mile test .. my 06 4 door sd is going to equal an ex in weight I have a full 50 gal tank .a tool box .and a 4 drawer slide out bed box so it will be real close in weight IMHO

and I am running stock right now

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58