Stock Stereo Shocker!

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There were two manufacturers for our stock radios. Sony, and someone else. Depending on who made the unit (externally they are identical) some would play MP3 and some would not.

The only way to test, was to put an MP3 disc in.

You got lucky.

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
an 80mb blank CD can hold about 200 songs (MP3s), depending on the length & file size of each song. as far as making an MP3 CD, I have no clue... :dunno

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Burn the songs as data rather than audio files; and 213 is the max I've gotten on a CD so far. I guess you can get more or less depending on how you have your burner configured for audio quality, formatting, etc. In that I have a "tin ear" and don't know squat about configuring my burner (Nero)anyhow, I just let the burner go at it by default settings.

I have learned one important thing though. Organize the music files first and then finish off the discs where they can't be modified after burning them. If you don't, the data will "scramble" and some of the songs won't play right later....or the entire CD will eventually screw up.

I've gotten away from mp3s except for storing tunes away in that format in my music library (to burn audio CDs from later). Burning songs as audio files works much better for me quality-wise, and it's also aggravating having to search through 200 songs for one in particular that I want to hear.

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
There were two manufacturers for our stock radios. Sony, and someone else. Depending on who made the unit (externally they are identical) some would play MP3 and some would not.

The only way to test, was to put an MP3 disc in.

You got lucky.

I always guessed Blaupunkt made Ford radios from the way they look. Any chance they are the other manufacturer?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58