STOP SENDING MONEY TO ARAB TERRORIST!!

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
STOP SENDING MONEY TO ARAB TERRORIST!!

A one Cent Per Gallon, Per month tax on all fuel made from Petroleum [That’s 12 cent a year for those of you who can’t add] (No matter what it is used for Trains, Planes Trucks or Home Heating Oil) would cure most if not all our problems with our dependence on OIL!! It would take years to affect the real price of Oil on the high side. That would give our Auto makers time to develop the next Generation of Fuel. It would also drive down demand and make a glut of oil on the market in a short time One year or so!!

I burn about 4,500= ($11,250.00) gallons of Diesel a year so it would really affect me. I would gladly pay that price to keep from having our military in Harms way!!

Bio-Diesel---I'm trying to do my Part. I'm running homemade B20 in 2 of my Superdutys!!

If Diesel in your area is say, $2.49.9 and you have a Sam’s Wholesale Club within Driving Distance you can make it happen.

32 Gallons of Diesel @ $2.49.9 = $79.97
8 Gallons of 100% Soybean Oil @ $2.88 = $23.04
$103.01 for 40 Gallons

40 Gallons of That mixture would average $2.57.5 per gallon!!

BTW: the higher the price of the Diesel the closer the average cost!!

That is really only 7.6 cent Higher!!

The less money going to Arabs and Oil Companies the better, I say!!

It beats sending money to Known Terrorist in the Middle East! That's where we get 20% of the oil we use.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
How do you mix it? Do you get your diesel in 55 gallon drums and mix a 80/20 mix accordingly or just dump soybean oil in your truck's fuel tank and hope for the best? :dunno

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I fill-up at the Truck stop I drive the 45 miles to my house and I pour in 4.6 Gallons of Soybean oil. The next day after I drive the 55 miles to work (I work in the construction Industry and I move from Jobsite to Jobsite) while I’m there or at my shop I pour in another 4.6 Gallons!!

"just dump soybean oil in your truck's fuel tank and hope for the best?"

It mixes easily

Been doing it now for several weeks!!

Whay would you want a Drum to mix it in!!

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They may not be but why find out if they are or why stick our noses into their business?

I would rather have my money going to U.S. Farmers than to someone who might give that money to another who might want to harm US.

The Middle East is the cest pool of the world, mess around there and you start to stink.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobeydick said:
After I fill-up at the Truck stop I drive the 45 miles to my house and I pour in 4.6 Gallons of Soybean oil. The next day after I drive the 55 miles to work (I work in the construction Industry and I move from Jobsite to Jobsite) while I’m there or at my shop I pour in another 4.6 Gallons!!

Do you fill the diesel to the edge of the filler (like I do) or do you leave some room for the 4.6 gallons? When you put the second 4.6 gallons in your tank, does it fill it up again? Then do you use it all up until the next fill up and do the process all over again? Just curious. As I've noted on the biodiesel forum, I just filled my PSD with the second consecutive tank of "BioWillie" and got the best "local" mileage ever (18.79 mpg). The station is usually out of my normal driving area, but it's close to my son's house, so I fill up when we go get the granddaughter. I got a little on my hands the other day and asked my mother, my son, and my daughter in law to smell of it. They didn't recognize the smell until I suggested it smelled like burned cooking oil.

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Mobeydick said:
The Middle East is the cest pool of the world, mess around there and you start to stink.

Its a shame the media has brainwashed everyone to think this. Have you ever been to the middle east?

sorry i dont have anything to contribute to the thread, it just struck a nerve.

-Mike

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I moved this out of the General Super Duty discussion area since it has nothing to do with Super Duty's. If you guys want to continue to discuss this then I would prefer you keep it on topic about fuel and not terrorism.

Thanks,

Mike

Reaction score
So ummm - what's being suggested here is that all soybean oil (and this would include the containers) is 100% US of A farm grown?

Ron

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
While I am sort of taken aback at the generalizations made about populations that make up a huge portion of our planet's total (I am actually quite sure that there are some really nice people living over there, even though the bad ones typically end up getting all the attention),
I do have to agree with his statement about veggie oil. Forget about hurting the other guy, and just look at it as helping America. A large portion of the veggie oil we use comes from American sources, so if you use it for fuel, you are helping out.

On top of that, 1% veggie oil in diesel increases the lubricity of diesel fuel by 35%. This can't be bad!

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Mobeydick said:

It mixes easily

Been doing it now for several weeks!!

Whay would you want a Drum to mix it in!!

I was reading several articles as to how biodiesel was mixed commercially. Once was the "slosh" method, where the commercial tanker was filled to 80 percent capacity, then topped off with soybean oil to complete the mix. Movement of the fuel in transport would "slosh" the two oils together and make B20 biodiesel. The method that Motiva is using for their new distribution plant pre-mixes the diesel and the soybean oil at the fuel depot, assuring a more consistent product.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14