Strange Thud

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
I know that this is a funny title, but that is exactly what it is. About 10 or 15 seconds after I start my truck every time I start it, there is a strange thud. It sounds like it is coming off of the back of the engine, or around the transmission. I know that this is kinda out of left field, and open to discussion but any ideas of what it is. If there is more info needed I will be happy to give all that I can. Thanks

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
That would be Fords lovely vacuum operated air conditioning/heating system. When I first got my truck, I thought I was running over poodles. Nope, just some dampener slamming shut. I think there is a recall for it if bothers you a lot. Bryan

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Thanks. It doesn't bother me at all. Bothers the girlfriend when we come out of the movies and are sitting there, kinda scares the crap out of her. I was just wanting to make sure that this wasn't anything to do with the drivetrain. Thanks.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Got Diesel said:
I know that this is a funny title, but that is exactly what it is. About 10 or 15 seconds after I start my truck every time I start it, there is a strange thud. It sounds like it is coming off of the back of the engine, or around the transmission. I know that this is kinda out of left field, and open to discussion but any ideas of what it is. If there is more info needed I will be happy to give all that I can. Thanks
Oh that be the "blend door" closing/opening depending on your vent preference;)

Gets to be annoying after awhile but have to live with it;)

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
I just joined this site and you guys have already solved a mystery with my truck. I have a buddy with the same thing also:thumbs . Now I can pass that info on. Thanks.

NVCowboy

NVCowboy
Reaction score
Thank goodness that is cleared up. At least its not Poodles. Everytime I hear the damn noise, I am gonna think of that comment. :roflmao That noise really was a mystery to me for as long as I have owned the truck though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58