Stuck Turbo

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I dont know when the filters were changed last. I can have the dealer check them while the have it and they are trying to figure out what is going on with the truck. I also found out yesterday that I need to change the batteries because they left my truck out side all night in -13* weather and it took 4 cylcles of the glow plugs to get it to fire and it turned over really slow.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
yooper-
seeing that they just did the turbo (and they are going to go over it again) i too am gonna guess that the fuel filters may be a little skeptical. these pix are w/ ~19k on them and saying that your truck is at 126k and no idea of when they were changed i would do it yourself and save a few bucks versus the dealer doing it as i too also know how much dealer batteries cost....:eek: on second thought - being a dealer they should have suspected the fuel filters and recommend(ed) they be checked/changed as part of their diagnosis...:dunno at least mine has (had) in the past

good luck and keep us informed

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I am going to change the batteries my self but I really dont have a good place to change the fuel filters. I cant fit my truck in my garage so the few bucks the dealer is going to charge me to do it I can live with. I may also be able to get the dealer to pay for the filter change. I am not afraid to wrench on my vehicles but laying under my truck in below zero weather changing fuel filters is not really high on my priority list.

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Ok I am going from frustrated and heading towards pretty pissed off:rant. So far they have replaced the unisen ring, EBP, and they have cleaned the EGR and EGR cooler and I still dont have my truck back yet. The dealer now thinks that the CAT is plugged they are going to take it off and drive the truck tommorow. The bright side to this is that I may be able to convince my wife that I need a MBRP 4" turbo back off road exhaust.:sweet

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Ok we finally have figured out the problem is the turbo and they are going to replace it. I am wondering if the previous owner didnt warp something in the tubo housing because he towed with the truck almost daily and the truck does not have aftermarket guages. The other weird thing is the truck is fine for driving around town but when I get on the highway and stuff my foot into it the truck has no power to pass and falls on its face.:dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14