stupid question but i dont know the answer

BlackBioBurner

Full Size Newbie
Reaction score
stupid question but i dont know the answer, my wife asked me this and i had no answer for here, why do some have them and others dont, what do they do???

That is my truck in the picture you were asking about. The items you are asking about I believe are trac bars, like everyone has said. As far as I know they came as a part of the Skyjacker 8" set up to help keep the axles tracking up and down instead of skeewampus (thats a technical term). Here are some pictures of my trucks private parts to give you a better idea of the function of these. :sweet

97PowerSmokerIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The term you guys are thinking is AXLE WRAP, on a properly installed suspension it minimizes your pinion Angles from changing, so you dont throw any shaftsmy stockers on my 79 wouldnt stop the axles from wrapping and i threw two rear drive shafts until i upgraded to aftermarket Ladder Bars

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
im glad i asked about this, i was sure that there was more than looks involved to them. keepin this thread saved:thanks

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
That is my truck in the picture you were asking about. The items you are asking about I believe are trac bars, like everyone has said. As far as I know they came as a part of the Skyjacker 8" set up to help keep the axles tracking up and down instead of skeewampus (thats a technical term). Here are some pictures of my trucks private parts to give you a better idea of the function of these. :sweet

Just so you know, the traction bars on the rear are with out a doubt 100% positivley Fabtech, not Skyjacker. Fabtech is the only company that makes them with the little "hinge" on the front mount for the SuperDutys, those are identical to mine, except mine are black.

Look at THIS about 1/4 of the way down the page, it shows the traction bars.:sweet

BlackBioBurner

Full Size Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info

Just so you know, the traction bars on the rear are with out a doubt 100% positivley Fabtech, not Skyjacker. Fabtech is the only company that makes them with the little "hinge" on the front mount for the SuperDutys, those are identical to mine, except mine are black.

Look at THIS about 1/4 of the way down the page, it shows the traction bars.:sweet

Thanks for the correction and the link to the website. I hadn't been able to find them on the net. I am still learning about my own truck, alot had been done before I got it. I am the type that wants to know everything about every component on my rig.
Thanks man.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl