stupid question- warm up temp

Yellowsub1962

supernewbie
Reaction score
I've read all over the place not to build boost on a cold engine. I understand this part, but where is the line for "cold" vs "not cold" on a 6.0? Is this typically "operating temp" or something like 50-60 degrees out. I work back in a canyon, and have to pull a relatively steep 1/2 mile or so grade immediately (like 100 ft from where I park) to reach the main road. When I work late it's 40-50deg out and I can't sit and let the truck Idle too long at 2am to warm up, and a high idle is really pushing it (neighboring ranch). Most of the time I can keep the boost to around 10psi (on the factory gauge) for the climb then just barely cruise it down the road till it warms up a bit. Is this acceptable? What is ideal?

'06 6.0 350 towboss

thanks,
Peter

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You will be just fine. You will not hurt any thing by going for it. Try it and if your truck will take it, then go for it. Mine only needs a few seconds when it is cold (22° F) and the truck will move out without complaining.

Dave

Yellowsub1962

supernewbie
Reaction score
She'll move if I ask her too ;) I guess it's the oil to the turbo that I'm concerned about... so it has enough lubricicity at anything over say 30 degrees?

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14