SUB BOX LOCATION PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigmike33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 F350 Lariat FX4 Crewcab. I would like a better sound system. Any ideas where to mount a sub box? But I do not want to impede my space. Does Anyone have theirs mounted in the rear where the cup holders are located between the seats? I guess just remove the whole cup holder assembly and use a thinner bass box? Any ideas? CHEERS MIKE

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just about ANYTHING you do is gonna be custom...
if you have the 40/20/40 up front you could go w/
the JL Audio stealth box (replaces the center front
seat, reusing the original covering)...the stealth box
is hard as a rock...almost rendering the front center
seat unusable for anything other than a SHORT ride.

no one makes box for behind the rear seat that im aware of,
theres not alot of depth so youll have to be careful about
what sub speaker(s) you choose.

pioneer makes a FLAT shallow sub, and JL Audio just announced
some.

Im using a Kicker Solobaric (square) 10" L5 (shallow depth) model
and i built my own box.

your next question is gonna be amps...and its either mounting 'em
on the rear wall or under the rear seats (but youll have to remove
that lovely tray systems to get just about anything under there).

heres some links to my set up -->
donrumsey/truckaudio - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last edited:

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to use a Kenwood Excelon sub behind my seat. It's not very deep either. Amp mounted on the rear wall as well.

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
I've got 2 JL 10W1's mounted behind the rear seat. I made the box a little too deep to keep the seat in it's original position though.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to use a Kenwood Excelon sub behind my seat. It's not very deep either. Amp mounted on the rear wall as well.

there goes your <behind the seat> storage ;)

I've got 2 JL 10W1's mounted behind the rear seat. I made the box a little too deep to keep the seat in it's original position though.

99-03 are different animals...compared to the 03.5-08 the 99-03
(w/out the under tray system) had a LOT more room behind the
rear seat.

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a box drawn up in 3D at home I will post later. 0.68 cubic foot! Whoo hoo. I don't need the storage too much back there, I've got a toolbox.

Reaction score

wow you had to move yer seat for a set of 10w1's. I got 12 w3v3's now my custom sounds guy is tryin to talk me into getting 2 more w3's to go back there i think he's crazy but he says it can be done.

My buddy just installed 2 10w3v3's in his extended cab f150 with a wood and fiberglass box. Sounds much better than the mtx thunderform 12 inch he had in there.

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
Yeah, losing the storage behind the seat was not an issue for me. I like the sound I get from my 2 10's.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would look a Bush pics to chech out his box. Looks pretty sweet. I have 4 10" RF behind my back seat. I had to turn the bracket around and move the seat forward which doesn't really mader because the dog rides back there. But I do have a box that I custom made for 2 15" RF. The seat almost sits in its original place put will have to drill new holes. Hope to soon mount that box. I took my jake and just placed it under the rear seat and all my tools with no problem.

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
wow you had to move yer seat for a set of 10w1's. I got 12 w3v3's now my custom sounds guy is tryin to talk me into getting 2 more w3's to go back there i think he's crazy but he says it can be done.

I only had to move it cuz I made the box a little deeper than it needed to be so I could make it narrower and still have some storage room back there. My back seat never gets used so it doesn't matter to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58